About this Blog

This blog started as an online diary and place for me to rant about annoyances in my family.

However since July it has become a place for me to catalogue and express my views and opinions on the treatment I have recieved following the diagnosis of a potentially cancerous tumor in my bowel.

On 3rd August 2011 I was told that it was cancerous. In April 2012 I was given the all clear.

October 15th 2013 I was diagnosed with peritoneal disease and liver metastases. The cancer was back and this time it is inoperable.

It is a little bit out of date as the NHS doesn't tend to have a WiFi connection in hospital and I can only post when I get home and posts take a while to write.

It is NOT about individuals or the nursing profession. It is about some of the inadequacies in the system and the way the NHS is failing some people.

For more inane ramblings, follow me on twitter

To see my crafty loves follow me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest

Why not like my new Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/thepoohstickqueen" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">

Or follow my photographic craziness on instragram
Instagram

Tuesday 22 November 2011

And so it goes on

We are now nearly a week into round three and I can definitely say that it doesn't get any easier. The worst thing is the sensitivity to cold. Just when you think you are getting used to it, you pick something up or go to hold a child's hand and it is too cold and the tingling is back. But we are keeping things normal too. Hard to believe, but Isaac will be starting school in September so we have been visiting. Tony and I are terrible for only looking at one option!! When we bought our first house we bought the first one we saw, when we were looking for a childminder we saw one (I emailed a few, but we saw Fran and loved her from the off!!) So far we have only been to our 'catchment' school but we both loved it and Isaac and Imogen both enjoyed having a look around and hearing about the different ways that they teach the children and the opportunities they will have. We do have two more that we need to visit but 'he'is in charge of arranging that. I am just shocked that there are not formal open days which the schools promote on their websites, and that there is not more support for parents. All we got was a letter telling us which our 'catchement' school is and to log onto the web site. The was nothing about how to contact the schools or even dates of open days to help you out. But with all the government cuts maybe they are making us work for it. There has been another development this week. On Wednesday I was given an injection to stop me ovulating and hopefully increase my chances of conceiving in the future. This is still a new treatment and there is no telling whether it will work or not, but in for a penny, in for a pound!! This injection has to be given every 4 weeks, the nurses have shown me how to do it myself, but the needle is quite large and it does scare me slightly. I am wondering whether the if nurse will be able to do it for me ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment