About this Blog

This blog started as an online diary and place for me to rant about annoyances in my family.

However since July it has become a place for me to catalogue and express my views and opinions on the treatment I have recieved following the diagnosis of a potentially cancerous tumor in my bowel.

On 3rd August 2011 I was told that it was cancerous. In April 2012 I was given the all clear.

October 15th 2013 I was diagnosed with peritoneal disease and liver metastases. The cancer was back and this time it is inoperable.

It is a little bit out of date as the NHS doesn't tend to have a WiFi connection in hospital and I can only post when I get home and posts take a while to write.

It is NOT about individuals or the nursing profession. It is about some of the inadequacies in the system and the way the NHS is failing some people.

For more inane ramblings, follow me on twitter

To see my crafty loves follow me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest

Why not like my new Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/thepoohstickqueen" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">

Or follow my photographic craziness on instragram
Instagram

Monday 16 May 2011

Day 2 of Potty Training

I am sitting here in tears as I type this.
I don't know what to do?


I know it doesn't matter when he wees on the floor, I know I shouldn't give in to competitive parenting.


Everyone elses child is potty trained why won't mine?


After our one success yesterday it appears to have been a fluke as he won't sit on the potty when asked and we had two more wees on the floor.


This morning, we have had 2 on the floor, one he stood up and walked away from the potty then weed on the floor.


He is articulate, intelligent, and knows when he is pooing.


He has had problems with constipation in the past, and this skin infection appears to be clearing up nicely. I need to go out tomorrow but I cannot deal with wees all over the floor at toddlers or in the car seats.


I am at a loss and will continue to bawl like a baby

2 comments:

  1. Ruth, boys can be very late. I waited for my boys to be ready, one was over three and the other just under....two days and they never wore nappies day or night again. Who cares if your child is potty trained? When they're all twenty or so and embarking upon adulthood you will not be thinking about this!! There are some successes we can take a little credit for, with our children, but whether or not the chemicals in their brain tell them when they're about to wee is not one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on day two!!! TWO!!!!!!
    My daughter (aged 2yrs, 10mnths at the time) POOED on the living room floor on day five and I nearly lost it. Three weeks later she has totally got the hang of it and it's still a couple of weeks til her 3rd birthday. Ignore all the b*llocks that says you can do it in a weekend and just be patient.
    You can put him in a nappy in the car or when you go to the shops - it's not the end of the world and it ISN'T a step back. Doing it in stages is easier and you'll still see progress but you won't have to be 'on it' 24/7 and it'll cut your stress levels, which he can sense of course.
    It's warm enough to leave him pant free when he's supervised, which will make it easier too.
    Even when he does get the hang of it he may well have accidents when he's tired or distracted and he may prefer a toddler loo seat to a potty too so try both.
    He's resisting the potty so don't say 'we're going on the potty/ loo now' - just lead him to it and put him on.
    Within a couple of weeks he'll learn to hold it in and then when you do put him in nappies to 'be safe' you'll take them off an hour later and they'll be dry!
    I know your family are being grim but PLEASE don't worry at all about what age everyone else's child is/was potty trained. My mum has been banging on about how me and my two brothers were all trained in a weekend for about a YEAR and it's been driving me nuts, but I'm really glad we waited until now. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete