About this Blog

This blog started as an online diary and place for me to rant about annoyances in my family.

However since July it has become a place for me to catalogue and express my views and opinions on the treatment I have recieved following the diagnosis of a potentially cancerous tumor in my bowel.

On 3rd August 2011 I was told that it was cancerous. In April 2012 I was given the all clear.

October 15th 2013 I was diagnosed with peritoneal disease and liver metastases. The cancer was back and this time it is inoperable.

It is a little bit out of date as the NHS doesn't tend to have a WiFi connection in hospital and I can only post when I get home and posts take a while to write.

It is NOT about individuals or the nursing profession. It is about some of the inadequacies in the system and the way the NHS is failing some people.

For more inane ramblings, follow me on twitter

To see my crafty loves follow me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest

Why not like my new Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/thepoohstickqueen" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">

Or follow my photographic craziness on instragram
Instagram

Sunday 2 October 2011

Sunday

I have the most amazing friends. 


Today we went for lunch at Goffs Manor. I could just leave it there. But I am so overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness & generosity of my friends that I have to have a little (virtual) blub.


Obviously I am about to embark on a new journey that only affects a few people and it terrifies me. I don't know what to expect and also what the cumulative effects will be. I have been worried about coping. I have had so many offers of help and assistance that I have been wary of utilising because I don't want to be seen as taking advantage of people or milking things. 


Today has made me see that people are there for me whatever and they mean what they say.


I was presented with an enormous box filled to the brim with wrapped parcels and surprises. It's label read


A Big Box of Love for Ruth (its downstairs at the moment, I'm blogging in bed while Imogen screams, I will post some photos later)


The instructions are as follows:


Whenever you are feeling low open a present, if the box is starting to look empty someone has to contact Lex so it can be refilled because she has more


I have honestly never been so overwhelmed. I knew that I had friends but this is just incredible. The love & support that I have been worried about having over the next 6 months is there, I didn't even need to ask or beg.


To everyone out there who has contributed to this box I cannot express my thanks enough


THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.


Some of the kids suggested that I open a couple of the presents today so I did. I am going to post thank you's here because there is no way I will remember it all.


So today's thanks go to 

Sophie for the socks & Debbie for the bookmarks, as well as the girls for their beautiful drawings & pictures. 



I have one more day left before things kick off & the weather looks lovely, so raise a glass to


BIRTHDAYS, SUNSHINE & AMAZING FRIENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment