About this Blog

This blog started as an online diary and place for me to rant about annoyances in my family.

However since July it has become a place for me to catalogue and express my views and opinions on the treatment I have recieved following the diagnosis of a potentially cancerous tumor in my bowel.

On 3rd August 2011 I was told that it was cancerous. In April 2012 I was given the all clear.

October 15th 2013 I was diagnosed with peritoneal disease and liver metastases. The cancer was back and this time it is inoperable.

It is a little bit out of date as the NHS doesn't tend to have a WiFi connection in hospital and I can only post when I get home and posts take a while to write.

It is NOT about individuals or the nursing profession. It is about some of the inadequacies in the system and the way the NHS is failing some people.

For more inane ramblings, follow me on twitter

To see my crafty loves follow me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest

Why not like my new Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/thepoohstickqueen" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">

Or follow my photographic craziness on instragram
Instagram

Sunday 18 August 2013

Colonoscopy prep, this might be graphic!!

So, at 2pm today operation preparation began.

The 10 senna tablets went down during the first episode of 24 series 8 that I had decided to watch to pass the time and keep me close to the toilet. 

Coupled with the copious amounts of water I have been forcing myself to drink this kept me on the loo for a while, although things were not really moving as well as I wanted. 

Come 4.30 I went and put the kettle on for the preparation of the citramag (ok I lie, Tony actually did it, but I went and made the stuff). After letting it cool for the requisit 30 minutes I attempted to drink it, which I managed. And then added more water into the mix, as well as a strained vegetable cuppa soup. 

This had the effect of making me feel very bloated and almost looking pregnant again!! 

Come 7pm it was time for more citramag, which my loving husband prepared and delivered to me. I took one sip and that was it, I knew that this was not staying down and boy was it not staying down.

Other than returning to bed to briefly feed Hope I have been vomiting & defecating with alarming regularity and ease for the last two hours.

I have missed Dragons Den ( thank goodness for BBC iPlayer) and am now trying to catch up on Dexter, but having missed the last two episodes and with no time for a sky plus catch up, I have no idea what is going on.

Things appear to be calming down now, and hopefully I can settle down and get some sleep in.

Send me sleep vibes please ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment