About this Blog

This blog started as an online diary and place for me to rant about annoyances in my family.

However since July it has become a place for me to catalogue and express my views and opinions on the treatment I have recieved following the diagnosis of a potentially cancerous tumor in my bowel.

On 3rd August 2011 I was told that it was cancerous. In April 2012 I was given the all clear.

October 15th 2013 I was diagnosed with peritoneal disease and liver metastases. The cancer was back and this time it is inoperable.

It is a little bit out of date as the NHS doesn't tend to have a WiFi connection in hospital and I can only post when I get home and posts take a while to write.

It is NOT about individuals or the nursing profession. It is about some of the inadequacies in the system and the way the NHS is failing some people.

For more inane ramblings, follow me on twitter

To see my crafty loves follow me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest

Why not like my new Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/thepoohstickqueen" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">

Or follow my photographic craziness on instragram
Instagram

Friday 1 November 2013

NaBloPoMo

Given the randomness of the letters above you might be forgiven for thinking that one of my children had got hold of my iPad, guessed my password and decide to update you on my daily life. But no, November is National Blog Posting Month. 

The aim is to blog everyday throughout November. I thought I might give it a whirl this year, I've got nothing to loose a lot to share and I wonder of it might give me a focus to get through the pain, and associated trauma knowing I can offload everyday. 

I was never any good at keeping a diary as a child, and even as an adult it is only sine having children that I have been able to remember to add things to my calendar. Even since having children a paper diary is no good. I do love my online calendar though. I have Tony's calendar linked to mine as well as UK holidays so I can see at a glance what is going on.

My calendar syncs across all my various devices meaning I update one thing and it is everywhere else. 

I like to think I could go cold turkey with electronic devices and earlier this week I was without my phone for a few days as I left it at my parents house in Somerset. I didn't miss my phone. I like being uncontactable. I can be quit antisocial sometimes. But trying to arrange my various appointments without having my handy phone in my back pocket was somewhat more challenging. 

I ended up taking my iPad with me. This does not fit in my back pocket at all!! Not having my phone meant that in order to leave the house I needed Hope, changing bag, feeding stuff (bottle & hot water & formula) and now a bag big enough to have my iPad in as well. No wonder I have backache.

But all is well now, I have my phone back. You can call and text me although I don't promise to reply promptly or answer and I can go back to lumping 2 bags around rather than 3!!

No comments:

Post a Comment